1. How I use your personal information
This notice tells you why Mary Young collects information about you and/or your child and how this information may be used.
I maintain records about your health and any care you have received here or previously. These records help provide you with the best possible health care. Your records are held on paper, and security procedures ensure that your information is kept confidential.
My lawful basis for retaining this information is your consent, and, for health information, the provision of health-related services as a chiropractic clinic. I am required by law to retain your records for 8 years following your last adjustment.
Records this clinic holds about you may include the following information:
• Details such as your address, contact details, previous medical history and previous investigations
• Any contact with the clinic has had with you, such as appointments, clinic visits, advice given over the phone or email, emergency appointments etc.
• Notes about your and/or your child’s health
• Details about your and/or your child’s adjustment and care
• Relevant information from other health care professionals
Information may be used within the clinic for clinical audit purposes to monitor the quality of the services I provide. All of your information is held securely on the premises and may be used for statistical purposes. Where I do this, I take strict measures to ensure that individual patients cannot be identified. Sometimes your information may be requested for research purposes – in such instances I will always ask your consent before releasing such information.
3. Why might I share your information?
3.1 I only ever pass on information about you to others if there is a genuine need for it and you have given your consent. This may be your GP, dentist or other health care professionals, a solicitor or for court proceedings.
3.2 I will not disclose any information about you to any third party without your written permission or in case of a child’s information the parental consent, unless there are exceptional circumstances (i.e. life or death situations), where the law requires information to be passed on and/or in accordance with the Caldicott principles.
4. Access to your personal information
4.1 You have a right under the General Data Protection Rules 2018 to request access to view or obtain copies of what information this clinic holds about you and to have it amended should it be inaccurate. You can also inform me if you believe I should erase your data. In order to request this you need to do the following:
- Your request must be made in writing to the clinic
- You should provide photo id so that I can verify your identity
- I will respond within 40 days
- There is no charge for the production of a copy of your file
5.1 Should you have any concerns about how your information is managed at the clinic, please contact Mary Young. If you are still concerned following review by Mary Young, you can then complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (www.ico.gov.uk)
6. Change of details
6.1 It is important that you tell Mary Young if any of your details such as your name or address have changed or if any of your details such as date of birth is incorrect in order for us to correct it.
7. Notification & Data Controller
7.1 Mary Young is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as the Data Controller for the clinic.